Welcome to 52 Plus Joker
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations of the Club for general membership, Convention attendance, participation on the playing card forum and use of the Club’s publications (Clear The Decks, Card Culture) and website.
Code Of Ethics
As a member of 52 Plus Joker, you agree to abide by the following Code of Ethics:
- To be governed by the bylaws, rules, policies and regulations of the Club, as such rules may be amended from time to time.
- To conduct yourself to bring no discredit to the Club or to impair the prestige of the Club or any of its members.
- To base all dealings on the highest plane of fairness and morality.
- To furnish requested advice to the best of my ability and knowledge, and not to take advantage of superior knowledge to the disadvantage of a less knowledgeable collector.
- Neither to buy nor sell any material if the ownership is questionable.
- Not to sell, exhibit, produce nor advertise reproductions, copies or counterfeits unless the item is clearly indicated as such.
- To cooperate fully with officers of the Club in investigating and resolving any problems which may arise.
Unless otherwise stated, 52 Plus Joker and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all Club material. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view and/or print pages from Card Culture, the playing card forum and the Club website (https://live-52plusjoker.pantheonsite.io) for your own personal use subject to the following restrictions: You must not:
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from https://live-52plusjoker.pantheonsite.io
- Sell, rent or sub-license material, including Clear The Decks, CARD CULTURE or any Chicago Playing Card Collector information.
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material, including Clear The Decks, CARD CULTURE or any Chicago Playing Card Collector information.
- Redistribute content from the 52 Plus Joker website (unless content is specifically made for redistribution).
Use of Website, Playing Card Forum
- Certain parts of Club website and forum offer the opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions and information (‘Comments’). 52 Plus Joker does not screen, edit or review Comments prior to their appearance and Comments may not reflect the views or opinions of 52 Plus Joker. The club shall not be responsible or liable for any loss, liability or damages caused and/or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments.
- The Club reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which it considers in its absolute discretion to be inappropriate, offensive or otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not infringe any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark, or other proprietary right of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material or material which is an invasion of privacy;
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business/commercial activities or unlawful activity.
- You hereby grant to 52 Plus Joker a non-exclusive royalty-free license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Hyperlinking to our Content
- The following organizations may link to our web site without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Online directory distributors when they list us in the directory may link to our Web site in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Web sites of other listed businesses; and
- System wide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Web site.
- These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
- We may consider and approve in our sole discretion other link requests from the following types of organizations:
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources such as Chambers of Commerce, American Automobile Association, AARP and Consumers Union;
- dot.com community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities,
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- educational institutions and trade associations.
To make such a request, send us an email with your name, your organization name, contact information as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Web site, and a list of the URL(s) on our site to which you would like to link. Allow 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to the Club website as follows:
- By use of name, 52 Plus Joker; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator (Web address) being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our website or material being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of 52 Plus Joker’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
52 Plus Joker shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your website. You agree to indemnify and defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon your website. No link(s) may appear on any page on your website or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around the Club’s web pages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our website.
Reservation of Rights
52 Plus Joker reserves the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that the removal of all links or any particular link to our website. You agree to immediately remove all links to our website upon such request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our Web site, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from the Club website
If you find any link on our website or any linked website objectionable for any reason, you may contact us. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so.
Although we endeavor to ensure that the information on the Club website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, 52 Plus Joker excludes all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of the Club’s website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill).
By accessing 52 Plus Joker’s website you accept these terms and conditions in full. Do not continue to use 52 Plus Joker’s website if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions stated herein.