52 Plus Joker
Playing Card Convention
Meet legendary collectors & designers, hobnob with the most premier card manufacturers and talk playing cards with other enthusiasts all night long.
Held At Best Western Plus, Strongsville
Oct. 11th – Oct. 15th, 2023
$50 Registration Fee
The Perfect Location
We’re holding the 52 Plus Joker convention at the Best Western Plus (Strongsville, Ohio). This hotel is perfectly situated for our convention needs with a free airport shuttle. It’s located at 15471 Royalton Road Strongsville, Ohio 44136 USA.
A Unique Experience
52 Plus Joker’s annual convention offers a playing card experience that satisfies antique, vintage, and modern collectors. Whether you collect singles or the entire deck, our friendly get-together makes for a great time!
A Playing Card Dream
Find decks of cards at 52 Plus Joker’s convention that you’ve only read and/or heard about. You won’t believe what you can discover at one of our events. Trust us. Playing card dreams do come true!
What Are You Waiting For?
Our 2023 Events
While our schedule is not yet finalized, we expect to unveil the 2023 club deck and several others during the Expert Playing Card Co. reception. We plan to have a handful of exciting speakers, lots of trading, high-paced auctions, fun raffles, a closing buffet banquet that includes the Diamond Awards ceremony, etc. This 2023 convention is shaping up to be one of the most exciting playing card events of the year.
Speakers At This Convention
– Friday, Oct. 13th @ 1:30 PM –
Immerse yourself in Loschen’s captivating lecture that unveils the extraordinary masterpieces crafted by skilled artists, transforming ordinary playing cards into stunning works of creativity and imagination.
– Saturday, Oct. 14th @ 2 PM –
Uncover the rich history and cultural significance behind beautifully designed cards, with Rennick offering a fresh perspective and celebrating the vibrant contributions of African-Americans to the world of playing cards.
– Friday, Oct. 13th @ 2:15 PM –
Reid’s compelling lecture sheds light on underrepresented people in the playing card industry. She explores their rich offerings and the importance of diversity while celebrating often-overlooked voices.
– Thursday, Oct. 12th @ 2:15 PM –
Embark on a visual journey with Clays as he examines rare and exotic decks with a travel theme, including the famed White Star line backs. Delve into the history, and learn the secrets behind these lovely collectibles.
– Thursday, Oct 12th @ 3 PM –
Investigate the process with Emily that transforms simple paper into exquisite decks of playing cards. Gain insights into the creative challenges, intricate details, and artful direction behind every card.
DR. PAUL BOSTOCK
– Saturday, Oct. 14th @ 2:45 PM –
Join Bostock for an extraordinary lecture on the captivating world of investing in playing cards. Explore the question: “Are playing cards a good asset?” and gain valuable insight into the intricacies of this unique financial endeavor.
*Please note, this line-up may change due to unforeseen circumstances. Check this website regularly for updates.
Register For The Convention Then Book Your Hotel Room.
Once you register for the convention, you will receive instructions about how to book your hotel room. Everything is held at the Best Wester Plus hotel. We get a great low price of $105+tax (per night) including breakfast for two. It also includes free parking for those who drive. Click the green button to register for the convention.
Register first. Then we will send you information about booking your hotel room at the Best Western Plus.
What's in store for this year's convention?
This schedule is subject to change without notice.
Final Night > Diamond Awards
It all culminates on Saturday evening!
Most frequent questions and answers
No. You are not required to attend the closing night banquet. Though, you will miss the Diamond Awards ceremony, a highlight of our convention. Plus, everyone else will be there in attendance. You should buy tickets to the banquet.
Yes. Registration is inexpensive as it is. We don’t have a daily rate. Regardless how long you come, the convention registration price does not change.
We’ve Held Our Convention In:
- 2023 – Cleveland, Ohio
- 2022 – Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- 2021 – Niagara Falls, New York (Cancelled) [Virtual Convention]
- 2020 – Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (Postponed due to Covid-19) [Virtual Convention]
- 2019 – Charlotte, North Carolina
- 2018 – Cleveland, Ohio (Merger with Chicago Playing Card Collectors)
- 2017 – Erlanger, Kentucky
- 2016 – Chicago, Illinois
- 2015 – Orlando, Florida
- 2014 – Charleston, South Carolina
- 2013 – Las Vegas, Nevada
- 2012 – Erlanger, Kentucky (Joint with Chicago Playing Card Collectors)
- 2011 – Denver, Colorado
- 2010 – New Orleans, Louisiana
- 2009 – Toronto, Canada (Joint with International Playing Card Society)
- 2008 – Las Vegas, Nevada
- 2007 – Westborough, Massachusetts
- 2006 – Montreal, Canada
- 2005 – San Francisco, California
- 2004 – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 2003 – Wilmington, Delaware (Joint with Chicago Playing Card Collectors)
- 2002 – Atlanta, Georgia
- 2001 – Albuquerque, New Mexico
- 2000 – New Haven, Connecticut (Joint with International Playing Card Society)
- 1999 – Cincinnati, OH
- 1998 – Toronto, Canada
- 1997 – Kansas City, Kansas
- 1996 – Las Vegas, Nevada
- 1995 – Cincinnati, OH (Joint with Chicago Playing Card Collectors)
- 1994 – Arlington, Virginia
- 1993 – Kissimmee, Florida
- 1992 – Las Vegas, Nevada
- 1991 – Cincinnati, OH (Joint with Chicago Playing Card Collectors)
- 1990 – New Haven, Connecticut
- 1989 – Indianapolis, Indiana (Joint with Chicago Playing Card Collectors)
- 1988 – Chicago, Illinois (Joint with Chicago Playing Card Collectors)
- 1987 – Cincinnati, OH (Joint with Chicago Playing Card Collector)